Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cold and bored... is it bedtime yet?


I'm sitting here listening to Daniel play World of Warcraft with our friends. I also play, but for some reason I am seriously not in the mood. I've been trying to get my character to level 80... this will be my second 80... yes, I'm a total nerd. I'm on the verge of WOW burnout and I cannot allow that to happen since playing WOW is a mutual favorite of Irvin's (Daniel) and mine.

I got my very own sewing machine for Christmas; alas, I have zero fabric. I just spotted Simplicity pattern #2494 for making fleece hats! I adore hats, and these are very cute patterns; not to mention, I really need a warm hat before the forecasted birthday snow arrives. That's right folks, snow on my birthday! I'm
from Texas, so this is monumental. I hope to visit the craft store soon and purchase some coveted hat-making fleece as well as some stuffing and squeakers to make Marley some new toys out of Irvin's old jeans. My boy can seriously
destroy the most durable of doggy toys. We'd need a separate income to support his habit; so, I will be making him toys from now on.



My parents 28th anniversary was yesterday. I made them dinner, and ate it with them. Mediterranean Chicken with pasta tossed in Mandarin sauce. Yes, my own creation. It was superb if I do say so myself. The chicken was pan seared with tomatoes, olives, garlic, onion, olive oil, white wine, and various herbs. The Mandarin sauce was amazing! Sweet, light, and tangy, it set off the flavors in the chicken very well. I just used a little fruit cup of Mandarin oranges, crushed them into pulp, added about a teaspoon of olive oil, the juices from the chicken, sea salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Then, tossed the pasta and served it with my chicken... yum. It was a hit with everyone, even my mostly-vegetarian sister.

Tomorrow, I go wedding dress shopping with/for my little sister, Kristen... I'm excited, but in denial that we could possibly be old enough to consider doing this. She will be lovely, and I really do like her Randy.

Let's see if I can convince Irvin to come to bed. If he doesn't, he's going to be grouchy all week from the very little sleep he got this weekend. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment