Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cookbooks, Homemaking, and Visiting Sisters

I should be doing homework right now, but here I sit blogging. This is not a good week for feeling productive.

Last night I started a cookbook. I'm compiling my favorite recipes and some kitchen tips into a small cookbook to give out as Christmas gifts this year. Last year, we hardly spent any money on Christmas and were very selective as to who actually got gifts, and it was wonderful! It actually felt like Christmas. This year, I'd like to do the same thing. I'm trying to be very creative and frugal. I also want to have the bulk of the shopping done before Thanksgiving. (Fat chance, but I can dream, right?)

I survived September 13. It was the 3rd anniversary of the first miscarriage. So many awful memories. It was all I could do to make it through my class. I stopped in at the local coffee haus for something to calm me down, and ended up applying for a job. I really hope I get it. I'd love to have the spending/saving money. The coffee shop is almost walking distance from our house, which rocks.

Today, I desperately need to finish cleaning the kitchen, and the whole house for that matter. It's suffering. Also, Daniel's new slacks need to be hemmed and I need to mend his shorts. I really want to knock out a new book bag for next quarter too. Daniel's is too bulky and manly. I want something pretty. I have some great green floral that I've been saving for the perfect project... now I know what I want to use it for! I have to take advantage of my 9 day break and finish some extra tasks. I have no idea what the homework load is going to be like next quarter... I scared.

This weekend, I am going to Abilene with my hubby to stay with my sister and her hubby. I think her in-laws are going too... not so thrilled about that, but I'll make the most of it. Love my baby sister! I'm ready to spend some time with her.

Hope you are all having a nice week!


No comments:

Post a Comment