Friday, January 28, 2011

Eucharisteo

I stumbled across a book called One Thousand Gifts. It's amazing and inspiring. It's about giving thanks for everything. I highly recommend it, and I'm only in chapter 3!

I've decided to begin a list of 1,000 things I'm thankful for. So, let me begin with a few.

1. The coldness of the wood floor on my tired feet.
2. Warm, morning sun spilling into my kitchen.
3. My Marley smelling the winter air, sun on his back, tail wagging.
4. Tattered book bindings.
5. The heat of the coffee mug warming my hands.
6. Sleepy husband waking me with kisses late at night.
7. Fresh, cool sheets.
8. The laughter of friends around my table.
9. Satisfaction in a good day's work.
10. Lucy nuzzling her way under the blanket for a long night's sleep.
11. Photo booth pictures.
12. Sunsets filled with color.
13. Quilts on soft beds.
14. Golden, crisp loaves of fresh bread.
15. The porch light to welcome me home late at night.
16. Mozart playing while I sip my soup in the quiet of my home.
17. Husband's beard on my cheek when he hugs me.
18. Friends' smiles and warm embraces on Sunday morning.
19. The weight and feel of my purple Bible.
20. Waking up to the symphony of the thunderstorm.

Can you make a list of 1,000 things that make your heart happy? I would love to see your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment