Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dry Clean Only... hah!

I'd like to take a moment to declare my passionate love for vinegar. That's right, plane old Heinz vinegar. It has come to my rescue yet again, and my entire batch of dry cleaning is saved! Peach, little hellion that she is, decided that my dry cleaning bag (filled with more than one piece of my favorite clothing) would be the perfect place to relieve herself. The dry cleaner was unable to remove the smell of cat pee from my clothes, and I couldn't bring myself to throw them away. However, I was not about to wear them with that foul reek clinging to them. So, I rolled up my sleeves, pulled out my gallon of trusty vinegar, and the Woolite and went to work. I was praying that I wouldn't ruin my nice things in the process of soaking them, when the tags very clearly state "DRY CLEAN ONLY." I started with my silk blouse, it got the least of Peach's gift. I just mixed a little Woolite with vinegar and water and churned it around, then rinsed. It smells not only cat-free, but subtly of flowers. YAY! I proceeded to my tailored vest. It had received a direct hit. Now it too smells wonderfully fresh. I followed accordingly with Daniel's nicest slacks, my wool skirt, and lastly, my absolute favorite sweater. These three proved to be more of a challenge. All being made of wool, I had to be very careful not to stretch them and permanently misshape them. My sweater is soaking in a bowl full of vinegar now. It's being particularly stubborn. As for the skirt and slacks... VICTORY! There is absolutely no trace of Peach on my clothes; except for all the fur of course.

Now, I think I'll soak the cat in some vinegar. She doesn't ruin things very often, but she certainly makes some low blows when she wants to get back at you for something you may or may not have done. Alright, back to it... I have a sweater to save. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment