Monday, January 11, 2010

Mundane Monday

It was grocery shopping day. I haven't been since before Christmas and the pantry was looking pretty barren. I bought a month worth of groceries (minus the couple things I forgot) for only $125! I'm mastering the art of budget management... well, trying anyhow. Grocery day always means cleaning up the fridge day; it was horrible. We'd had some poor deer's shoulder in there for Daniel to grind, and the bag was leaky. I'll spare you the details. So, the refrigerator is all clean now. I found so many things I had let go bad. I really need to be better about keeping on top of my food inventory. Throwing away food makes me feel so guilty and like such a terrible person, because I wasted the money and some one, somewhere could've eaten that. It was veggies this time... just barely gone, but not healthy at all. Back to the deer; Daniel's buddy gave him a huge piece of venison and we have a meat grinder so we got about 5 pounds of meat for free!

Monday is the hardest day for me to get motivated to clean the house. All I want to do is sit on the computer and play games. Mopping, the bathroom, and 3 loads of laundry is all that's left to clean. Oh, and Marley un-stuffed his toy and it's all over the living room rug. Back to it. I want to have time sit and do nothing before Daniel gets home and wants dinner :)


No comments:

Post a Comment