Monday, May 10, 2010

Blossoms, Dresses and Hope



Do you ever have days where you absolutely thirst to see something beautiful? I'm having one of those days. I'm very tempted to pack a lunch and drive all the way out to the Arboretum to take in the flowers, the rich smells, the cool breeze, the restful shade, and just God's creation in general. Sadly, my day's obligations will not allow me this little pleasure today.


What is it about strawberries that captures me so? I think they are absolutely gorgeous! I found a bunch of HUGE berries on sale at my grocery store. They were delicious, especially after I dipped them in some chocolate!

I survived Mother's Day. I didn't even cry. I've had a strange since of peace lately. I know it's from God, I just don't know why I have it. Another disappointment is not something I want, but I have been allowing myself to be hopeful and even optimistic that we'll receive news of a healthy baby soon. How I wish I could say for certain this is my womanly intuition at work, but I can't. I know better than to let myself hope this way, because it just makes the negative test sting all the more. It's odd, I haven't been afraid of the negative test lately. Some insane piece of me believes it's not going to happen this time. I hope my insane self is right!

I sold a sculpture yesterday! As soon as I receive the check I'm going to go the fabric store and pick out a pretty print to use for a cute dress pattern I've had for a while. I could use something fresh for summer. If I get pregnant this one will work for a while ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment