Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Ok



We decided to skip church today... I was going to go, but Daniel made an executive decision to stay home. He hates seeing me upset or sad, and he's been wonderful today.

I'm sitting with my coffee while he plays his game. Soon, we'll go buy our moms something pretty for their gardens and hang out with our families. I LOVE that our parents live next door and are such good friends. I will cry a lot the day my father-in-law decides to take his promotion and move to D.C. My mother-in-law is very precious to me, and has been for many years. I'm like her in so many ways, and have always been able to sit and talk with her very easily. I love her!

I was thinking of getting Mom a fuchsia plant; I'm hoping Lowe's still has them. They're very unique. (See photo above.) I was hoping to find some sort of yard art that would dress up Carol's beautiful vegetable garden. She spends so much time out there and it really is a lovely little garden. Again, when I ever find my camera charger I will start posting pictures... it takes really nice pictures when the photographer is not photo-challenged, like me. :(

Monkey is making me CRAZY! She's ready to go outside again, but I'm afraid she would leave for the whole day and not be able to feed the kittens; who, by the way, are the cutest things in the whole world. No outside for Monk until the kittens are weened and her baby maker is removed.

Time to start rounding up the husband... he's reluctant to do much of anything on the weekends and it takes a while to get him going. :)

Happy Mother's day to all of you, the moms with kids, the moms who miss their kids, the moms who are waiting for kids, and the "moms" who do such a wonderful job of loving and encouraging other's kids. I hope your day is a happy one, and for those of you like me, hang in there!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm new to your blog (just found you after you commented on mine - thanks!), but I found myself reading through a few of your archives. I don't claim to know what you're going through (we haven't started trying yet), but I just wanted to let you know about another blog you might find interesting - www.naturallyknockedup.com. She's from the same area as me, which is how I found her blog. She writes all about fertility type things, etc. Anyway, just wanted to pass it along! :)

    ReplyDelete