Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Documentaries and Doctors

I watched the documentary "The Business of Being Born" and it has reaffirmed my desire to use a midwife. I would recommend this movie to any woman thinking of having children (with the disclaimer that there is nudity, a little language, gooey birth scenes, and it shows a C-section).

My follow up appointment with Dr. Z went well. All tests came back normal and the ultrasound was close to normal. She's still maintaining the diagnosis of PCOS, simply because the symptoms are very much there. She stills wants to treat with the Metformin and start Clomid on my next cycle. If I don't have my period by 5/25 she will force me to have it and then start Clomid on day 5 for 5 days and then to make a baby! So, we are very hopeful that we get good news in June!

My hope is to continue to use Dr. Z throughout a healthy pregnancy (soon :) ) and use a midwife so that I can have a completely natural delivery. I'm not sold on having a baby at home quite yet, I'll have to look into that a little more. However, if we chose to do that, we live less than 15 minutes from the hospital where Dr. Z delivers. I have several friends who have gone this route and have been very happy.

Say a prayer for us, Dr. Z is very optimistic and it's rubbing off on me. I know I can get pregnant eventually, I just really, really want a perfectly healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment