Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sprouts, Culinary School, and Lovely Apothecary Jars

I have discovered Sprouts! Oh my gosh, heavenly. It's pricey on some things, but when something is on sale it's really on sale. Today they have blueberries for 99 cents a pint! Can you say "woot?!" At sprouts you can buy all sorts of flours in bulk, along with spices and grains. Here's the best part, it's 15 minutes from my house. Before, if I wanted to buy real food I had to drive an hour. So, I am pretty pumped about Sprouts. I bought 2 lbs of short grain brown rice, some aluminum free baking soda and baking powder, and today I'm going back for some berries.

I talked to a councilor at The Art Institute! I have a meeting with her on Friday to discuss the ins and outs of getting into culinary school! I'm super excited, and just hope that I can find a way to pay for it and still be able to attend during the day. The school is in Dallas, and that is that last place I want to be after dark. So, pray that God provides the means for me to pay for 4 years of culinary school. When I graduate, I will be fully equipped to run my own restaurant! I've had an idea of what sort of restaurant I've wanted since high school. It runs in my blood I guess. :)

I have to exchange Daniel's pants and go to the UPS store to return something else. :P I'll swing by Sprouts and then to Target to pick up a few more apothecary jars for my pantry. I love apothecary jars, something about them makes me happy. Especially when filled with flours and rice and even some pretty fruit. It's even better when I catch them on sale for less than $20.oo for a 2 gallon jar. Steal!

Have a wonderful day!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment